Located between Hay and Booligal on Cobb Highway is the famous and historic One Tree Hotel. The hotel was built in 1862 by Alexander Finch. Originally known as Finch Inn, it was renamed the One Tree Hotel later when purchased by William Clark. It was named because of a lone large gum tree growing on a clay pan near a shallow fresh water well, about half a mile away. The hotel was a thriving business in the days until the licence was allowed to lapse in 1942. One Tree was a staging post for the Cobb & Co Coach.
The building stands alone against the skyline, some 38kms from Hay as a reminder of the days of squatter's runs and stage coaches.
Even though it is now closed as a Hotel it is available to hire for functions and events. In March each year the Keith Jamieson Country Music Festival at One Tree attracts many country music enthusiasts and bush poets.